This is a fast and quick recipe to make, it is also healthy and also very yummy.
With Chinese New Year nearly upon us this will make the perfect dish to celebrate the new year. If you don’t know, Chinese New Year is on the 19th of February and we are celebrating the Year of the Goat or the Year of the Green Sheep. I am not sure why there are different animals listed but it could be similar to listing either an Ox or Cow.
- 500 grams of chicken/pork/beef/turkey (It does not matter what type of mince you choose it is up to you and what you like)
- I brown onion
- 2 Spanish onions
- 3 large mushrooms
- A cup full of bok choy
- Half a cup of diced cucumber
- 2 grated carrots
- Soy Sauce
- A teaspoon of garlic paste
- A couple of squirts of lime juice
You can add what ever vegetables that you would like. Bean shoots, oyster sauce, water chestnuts, and chilli flakes. I did not add these as I made it for the kids. I’m going to add the chilli for my meal.
Even though it was missing the other sauces and chilli, it was very tasty and moreish.
- Chop up all the vegetables
- Wash the lettuce so that you can get some nice lettuce cups
- Cook the mince and then add the vegetables to the pan.
- Serve the mixture into a lettuce cup and eat!
I have not mastered getting enough lettuce bowls out of a head of lettuce. This is a skill that I need to learn. Do you know a trick to ensure you get more than 3 or 4? Are yours a perfect size and shape. Mine looked a little straggly but tasted wonderful!