Note: I loved my new MUSE Brain Sensing Headband so much, that I became an affiliate for the product. If you click on the links for MUSE it will take you to the affiliate link.
For my birthday hubby gave me MUSE The Brain Sensing Headband.
He thought I could use it.
There a few reasons that this a good present for me.
I hold my stress in my neck, shoulders and clench my teeth. This then leads to intense headaches and body being out of whack.
Relaxing is hard when you have kids and have very little down time.
I do try and have some quiet time that allows the brain and body to rest.
My meditations that I did without MUSE was not done as well as they could have been. I got distracted. I was thinking about all the things I had to do, all the things that were half done or yet to happen and of course people I needed to contact. Hard to have your brain power down and to just be still. Be calm and rest for just a moment.
Why did Hubby Purchase MUSE The Brain Sensing Headband?
Pat Flynn said the following:
“Meditation has transformed my life. It’s improved my focus and well-being, and it’s altered my productivity during my workday in a radical way.”
Hubby knew I was a stressed out mummy so thought this might be the way to go.
My darling hubby also knew that I am trying to achieve more with my blog and other business ideas, so the more relaxed I will be the better life will be for all parts of my life. A win-win really.
How does MUSE The Brain Sensing Headband Work?
Firstly MUSE is a headband and an app.
You wear the headband and use it in conjunction with the app on your phone or tablet.
One thing to remember is that you need to wear headphones to make it work. I didn’t use these at first and it did not progress to the meditation and kept on calibrating. I thought that since I was alone that headphones would not be needed. However it all works once you plug in your headphones and then you can relax away.
It is really easy to use. The headband is comfortable and you can adjust it to fit any size of head. If you do have a lot of hair it is advisable to put it up or have it out of the way so that the sensors on the headband can connect with your skin on your head.
So what do you need to do first?
- Download the Choose MUSE app.
- Set up an account so that you can log onto MUSE for your mediation history and data.
- You will have to charge your headphones before your first use. This comes with a charger that you can plug into the computer to make sure they are all ready to go.
- Make sure you have headphones and your headband ready.
- Find a quiet spot to give your MUSE headband a go and start the calibrations. Every time you start your mediation with MUSE it makes sure that the headband is on correctly and sets up with colours within a circle. Once all complete the app will let you know when you are ready to progress to your first meditation session.
- If you brain wonders you will hear more stormy weather. If you are very calm and relaxed you will hear birds. The more birds you hear the better you are doing. MUSE rates things in birds. They believe that birds are only attracted to calm and relaxed people. So the more birds will visit when you are super calm and in the zone of relaxation. (This is true. If you have ever been to a park and sat quietly and noticed how many birds have come to visit you?)
- Make sure after your meditation session you turn off your headband. Turning it off will save how often you need to recharge it.
How does MUSE make you feel?
For me, using MUSE makes me calmer, more relaxed and allows some stillness in my world. Normally my world is filled with craziness, racing around and just reacting to things. Meditation allows for more mindfulness to really take time to look at things in a calmer and more controlled way.
I like Liza below feel that MUSE is a great tool to help you be more in the moment, and not as crazy as you would be if you did not have that time to relax through meditation with MUSE.
Need some downtime? How about some nice calm relaxation time just for you.
Do you already mediate and if so how has it changed your life or outlook on things?
I do have to thank Pat Flynn for sharing on his site and for hubby for purchasing the gift in the first place.
If you would love to try a MUSE The Brain Sensing Headband then you can order online. They deliver worldwide so you can be anywhere and order one. Perfect to help the relaxation start.