For the twins birthday party this year they are having a teddy bears picnic at the local park. I am currently organising what I need to make, organise ingredients, sort out games for the day, and anything else that is needed on the day.
I created my own invitation for the day as it was more personal but I did get inspiration from one that I saw online, see below for invite and thank you card idea.
Some of the party food I would like is below, aside from the cake, nibbles and of course some healthy options, but it is only if we have time to be this creative:
- Teddy Bread instead of Fairy Bread – this is a wonderful thing to include in the theme for teddy bear theme.
- Cub Cakes – Cup cakes with bear paws, very cute indeed.
- Bear themed sweets for goody bags for the kids at the party. I know this is for Valentines, however I think it can be for a kids party if packaged up correctly.
If you are hosting a teddy bear’s picnic then the following links might help you get started:
- Wiki How’s list of How to Celebrate Teddy Bear’s Picnic Day.
- eHow Mom’s How to Plan a Teddy Bear Picnic
- Great ideas and printables for a teddy bear picnic
- Teddy Bear Picnic Ideas
Teddy Bear Picnic Games:
- Teddy Bear Picnic Games
- Great game ideas on this link for teddy bear picnics – I like the one that makes simon says into teddy bear says, and also pin the nose on the teddy bear.
- Bear Hunt – with pictures of teddy’s in the park, the kid to collect the most bears wins!
- If you have a wonderful game that was a hit, send it in.
If you have organised a successful teddy bears picnic please send in what you did and especially the games. If you have any pictures please feel free to post them on it as well.
Sarah Teddy BearApril 3, 2014
Thank you for those links!
SuzanneApril 3, 2014
So glad they were helpful Sarah. If you would like you can link to my blog post on your site. Suzanne