Lately I’ve been feeling down.
I’ve been super busy, racing around and doing everything. However, I’m still feeling blah!
BLAH!!!! IS AN ANNOYING FEELING.
It is something I cannot put my finger on, but I know I don’t feel 100%. I’m not depressed or miserable, just feel BLAH!
Maybe it is down to never having time to finish the housework, or have some real time out?
Sad really when one of the main things that is annoying is the house not being at its best.
I suppose a tidy and organised space does help with your mood. I should do more of the cleaning.
However when you are in a BLAH mood trying to keep your motivation and energy levels up is a full time job. My body really just wants to go away on holiday.
I want to put a permanent do not disturb sign around me. Pity this cannot happen.
It could be a lack of fresh air and exercise? Or getting a few things done for my business finally.
Lately I’ve been looking at others and thinking that they have it all sorted. Yep, other mum’s and friends on Facebook are all organised. Fancy holidays, perfect kids and houses.
I know that everyone is not perfect and that other people are going through their own issues and might look perfect from outside but they are not perfect. No one is perfect.
As mentioned before, I am super busy but finding it difficult to get it all done. I feel like my mojo has been lost or misplaced. If you do find it, please send it back as it is very much missed.
I write this post to let you know that self doubt, wishing you were like someone else is all natural. I just have to stop dwelling on all the items on my to do list and just get busy and start doing.
BLAH feelings happen to all.
It could be due to being mostly on my own that I feel more BLAH? Being a stay at home mum and also a sole entrepreneur is a tough gig. I don’t have staff or anyone to talk to you during the day. I do have nice chats to myself but generally they are not as interesting as it would be if I had another person to bounce ideas off and to engage with.
Do you feel like this sometimes?
My ways to try and beat feeling BLAH!
- Remember to take my vitamins (It could be missing an essential item like vitamin D. Vitamin D does help with your mood)
- Get some sunshine (Get natural vitamin D), I find that just hanging out the clothes gets me some wonderful feel good sunshine.
- Do a task I like and then get moving on others I hate or don’t like as much.
- Take myself off for a treat. Maybe a coffee out or breakfast. This is a nice change and allows me to be around people and somewhere different.
- Take a walk in a park or at the very least around the block – a little exercise is a good way to feel better.
- Sleep more. Don’t stay up too late at nights getting stuff done. I do this a lot and have been making sure to go to bed at a certain time each night to maximize the sleep I get.
- Eating more vegetables and fibre, plus no alcohol before bedtime. I have been finding that if I drink a few drinks too late I am wide awake and cannot sleep.
- Get a few tasks done each day that is on my to do list. Once ticked off then I feel like I am moving in the right direction.
How do you handle feelings of BLAH?
What are your techniques to feel better?
Sometimes feeling BLAH could be depression and it is a good idea to talk to someone and get help.
Beyond Blue is a great organisation that can help you if you need assistance, they can be contacted day or night.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR BEYOND BLUE:
Call 1300 22 463624 hours / 7 days a week
Chat online3pm – 12am / 7 days a week
Email usGet a response in 24 hours
Online forums24 hours / 7 days a week
Sign up for my newsletter
Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One? Don’t miss a thing by signing up for my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening.