It is now school holidays and you have kids constantly asking you, “What are we doing today mummy and daddy?” and of course, “Where are we going?” If you are like me, you plan outings, and adventures. However nothing beats going somewhere special and nothing beats getting a free pass to do it!
I have the solution for you. A day out for the family. Yes a trip that adults and children will enjoy and have a brilliant time. What is it you ask?
Two lucky readers have the chance to win a family pass to The Maritime Museum’s new exhibition, Voyage to the deep: Underwater Adventures
What is the Voyage to the deep all about?
- The exhibition is based on French author Jules Verne’s classic 20,000 Leagues Under the Seas. The exhibition brings to life the adventures of Captain Nemo.
- Kids can climb aboard Nautilus Captain Nemo’s fantastical submarine, while onboard you can play with the controls, try out the bunk beds, peer through a periscope, and investigate Captain Nemo’s Cabinet of Curiosities that is full of amazing marine specimens.
- You can try on a dive suit and see what it is like under the sea and the waves, while you are underwater stop into the Octupus’ garden for a rest and a chat with the giant clam and squid.
- Be careful in the kelp forest as you might get lost in the maze of seaweed. If you survive the maze of kelp, you might like to try your luck in finding treasure in the wreck of a Spanish galleon and that is not all! You can also explore the lost world of Atlantis.
There is plenty of family fun at the exhibition and will definitely keep everyone entertained. The Maritime Museum gives you real facts about the oceans, habitats and sea creatures. A fun exhibition that also gets kids learning and interested in science, nature and the world is a great.
Summer Holiday Activities at the Maritime Museum
- While you are at the Maritime Museum don’t miss out on the other activities during the school holidays.
- There are workshops, craft, film making, theatre performances, art making, dress ups, and face painting.
- Before you go, check out what activities are on. You don’t want to miss out while you are there!
- Don’t miss the fun new family theatre show from the award-winning Money Baa Theatre Company – Captain Nemo’s Nautilus. The 45-minute shows will run twice daily from 4 January to 25 January (excl. Saturdays) in the museum’s theatre and is included with entry to Voyage to the Deep.
2 readers have the opportunity to win a family pass,
which is valued at $70.
What do you have to do to win?
Fill in the Rafflecopter form, sign up to the blog and leave a comment on this blog post. No comment no entry! So make sure you leave a comment.
Tell me why your little explorer/adventurer would love this day out at The Maritime Museum’s Voyage to the Deep Exhibition? Do they love submarines? Or the water? Are your kids more interested in sea creatures? Let us know. Most creative answer will win!
By filling out your details you agree to be emailed news about the blog and sent our new newsletter. If you ever wish to unsubscribe you can do so by clicking the button on managing the subscriptions on the right hand side of the blog. I hope you don’t as more great things are going to happen on the blog.
Thanks so much to the Maritime Museum for giving me two family passes to giveaway and also for my passes to visit the exhibition as well. The family and I are planning our trip in early January and cannot wait. It looks amazing! I will write about our experience at the exhibition in January and cannot wait to share our adventure!
When does the giveaway end?
Midnight 3rd January 2015. So you have plenty of time to enter.
Who can enter?
Australian residents only. Since the Maritime Museum is in Sydney if you are elsewhere it might be hard to visit. However the exhibit is open until April and the family passes are valid till 27th of April 2015. So if you are planning a trip to NSW, or Sydney then this might come in handy.
Good luck everyone and cannot wait to read all the creative entries.
If you wish to visit the Maritime Museum below is some helpful information about tickets and dates:
Voyage to the Deep opens to the public on 10 December 2014. Entry is included in the museum’s Big Ticket $27 adults, $16 child/concession or $70 families (2 adults + 3 children).
Voyage to the Deep has been developed by the Australian National Maritime Museum and will remain on show until April 2015. For full details about the exhibition and the associated school holiday activities, visit anmm.gov.au/summer or call 02 9298 3777.