I think you already know my thoughts on having meals delivered.
I love it. Anything that makes my life easier is something I embrace and want to continue to do.
The ingredients were fresh and the recipe cards were easy to follow, with only 4 steps in most of them.
Below are my favourite things about meal kits
- You don’t have to think about what is for dinner – you just need to cook it
- You don’t need to leave the house to collect the items for your meals – they are delivered to your door, thanks EveryPlate.
- Even for the extras, you can still get home delivery from Woolworths….yes you never have to leave the house if you don’t want to.
- Now, all we need to do is to think about how to pack a chef, cleaner, and housekeeper in an EveryPlate box and I will be winning on all fronts.
A few things we were not happy about:
- Some of the recipes were missing a few ingredients but I substituted them, and the meals still tasted great. I did think that the kids might have used an ingredient for another meal, but they assured me they hadn’t. Maybe it was packing haste at EveryPlate HQ that meant we were missing a few things from our box.
- I was given a free code to get an EveryPlate meal box to review. I waited until the box arrived to then cancel my subscription. I thought it was successfully cancelled but I was billed for another week. I was then told that I had to cancel on Tuesday, not Wednesday.
Although I paid for the experience, I did enjoy the meals. My extra box allowed me to make my very first risotto, I had always thought that this was a terribly complicated meal to create…in fact it was super easy to do.
Another thing that I never really noticed before was how the two weeks of having the EveryPlate meal box made me more relaxed.
How you ask? I think it was not having to plan and think about all the meals for the weeks ahead, not having to shop and be in charge of it all.
It wasn’t my job to create the meals, it wasn’t my job to get all ingredients for the meals, and finally it was easy to just tell someone that there is a meal kit ready to go and to pick a recipe and cook something for the family – as it was family friendly the kids were able to help out more.
If you are thinking about simplifying your life and getting more time for yourself and the family then I would urge you to try an EveryPlate meal box, if you do you will win at dinner.
What were my favourite meals from EveryPlate
It is so easy to get stuck in your ways. You get tired, and don’t have the time or energy to do anything different or complicated so an easy meal you have made a million times is what is served.
My favourites were:
Sticky Lemon Chicken with Fries and Stir-fried Veggies – This meal was so tasty and the sauce was tangy with the lemon.
Chorizo & Roast Veggie Salad with Garlic Aioli – I really loved this meal. It was so yummy and morish, and oh so simple to make. I will make this again, as it was a HUGE hit with all the family.
My readers can get up to $115 on your first four boxes, with dinner from as little as $2.39 per plate. To get this deal click here
If you would love to give EveryPlate a go I have a great discount for you.
Try EveryPlate today and you’ll get up to $115 on your first four boxes, with dinner from as little as $2.39 per plate. Click here to get this deal.
Here is my discount code: TWINS115 (The link should automatically have the discount code applied to it)
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Don’t miss a thing by signing up for my newsletter. The newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening. Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One.
This post has affiliate links