Recently the twins and I went to the dentist, a smile.com.au approved dentist to be precise.
We love saving money and saved a lot on our recent visit.
Read on to get codes and deals to make membership to smile even cheaper for you and the family.
How you can save with Smile.com.au
Well, if you are a member of Smile.com.au you are then able to get up to 40% off your dental fees.
To access the discount for cheaper dental work you need to go to a dentist that accepts Smile.com.au members.
Smile approved dentists are all over Australia so it doesn’t matter where you live, as long as you are in Australia you are fine.
It is easy to find your closest one, all you need to do is search for your local Smile.com.au dentist. Enter your suburb and then see which dentist is the closest to you.
What did we have done at the dentist?
- The twins got a clean and a checkup.
- One of the girls had an x-ray due to a tooth that has decided to grow behind a baby tooth that has not fallen out yet. The reason for this was to check where things were and to decide what the next steps will be.
- I got a clean, a checkup and two x-rays due to wear on my top teeth. They wanted to see if it was bad and needed fillings. Currently, all good and no fillings needed. However, the x-ray will be a good comparison if things don’t look good on the next visit.
We were all praised for how good our teeth were and how well the kids have brushed their teeth.
I too got told I am doing well.
It’s always nice to get a pat on the back about your efforts.
The dentist said that many kids she saw had bad teeth. Some were young like the girls and some were younger. I thought how horrible for the kids.
How I keep our teeth healthy:
- The kids don’t drink soft drinks. Only maybe a lemonade on special occasions, but this might be only 1 glass. ( I make sure the kids have a few treats but don’t go overboard. I don’t want to not give them something and then they binge later in life and when I am not around).
- The kids all drink water from the tap, milk, and sometimes 100% fruit juice. I know that juice still has sugar and this is a limited drink too.
- When the kids drink fruit juice it is mainly with food. When you have juice with a meal it is better than just on its own.
- I don’t let the kids have too many treats, chocolate and sweets are limited.
- We eat a lot of vegetables, fruit and fresh food.
- I make sure the kids brush their teeth twice a day. If the kids have chocolate or anything that might be hard to get off their teeth I check to ensure that there is no chocolate left on the back teeth. The twins have found it hard to get to their back teeth so I try and help them make sure that there is no food left on their teeth before bed.
- When you brush your teeth, brush your gums as well. Bacteria is on your gums as well. Don’t press too hard just be gentle when you do this.
- Regular visits to the dentist for checks and to ensure that there are no problems. The sooner you get an issue fixed the better you will be. Dental health is key to your overall health.
Being a member of Smile.com.au means that you can save as soon as you sign up for your membership.
For under $100 per year, you can get such massive savings for your family.
What were our savings at the dentist?
Below is an image of the quote that we didn’t pay. Why didn’t we pay the amount of $702?
Well, we had the magic smile.com.au card that gave us money off. Yippeee! I love discounts.
$702 – $596.70 = $105.30.
We saved $105.30!
Already winning as our cover was only $50/year for a family of 5. Yes not much at all.
Taking three people to the dentist all in one day might still be expensive. For us, it was good to just get it done and out of the way.
One way to help you save is to book in one person every month or few weeks to get the checkups done. This will spread the load of the costs then you will all be able to be happy and healthy.
USE THE BELOW CODES TO REDUCE
YOUR YEARLY COVER TO JUST $50.
MUMMY-S: Single Cover
MUMMY-C: Couple & Sole Parent Cover
MUMMY-F: Family cover
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO SELECT THE 1 YEAR COVER TO ACTIVATE THE CODES.
IT DEFAULTS TO THE 2 YEAR PLAN SO MAKE SURE TO CLICK THE LINK FOR THE 1 YEAR COVER AND ALL GOOD!
Smile.com.au discount for 2-year membership
Receive 10% off your first year of smile.com.au dental cover, or 10% off the first two years of cover if securing the 2-year deal. Automatically renews on the standard fees at the end of the billing cycle unless we hear from the member to cancel.
Use this code to get 10% off 2-year membership: HELLO10
Disclaimer: Mummy to Twins Plus One is an affiliate for Smile.com.au, and was approached about sharing this great service with my readers.
As a parent, I know how expensive going to the dentist can get, and thought that anything that could help make things cheaper would be of benefit.
Great toothbrushes for gums and teeth
You might like to read my review of the Systema and Kodomo toothbrushes. They are recommended by dentists and great to use.
Sign up for my newsletter
Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One? Don’t miss a thing by signing up for my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening.
What do you think?