It is getting colder. The nights are getting darker and spending time in front of the fire is a must.
Make these cool nights better with some tasty and healthy soup.
Download Voome’s Chicken and Broccoli Soup Recipe here!
Don’t be put off by the fact that it looks so vibrantly green. It tastes amazing!
- 1 Teaspoon of vegetable stock powder. ( I used some stock cubes I already had in the cupboard)
- 300g of Broccoli chopped up
- 3 Shallots (18g) chopped
- 50g of Baby Spinach
- 225g of Grilled lean Chicken Breast – Shredded (I used BBQ Chicken without the skin. I cut it up so that it was like it was shredded)
- 1 Tablespoon of Basil Pesto (20g)
- 1 Wholemeal Pita Bread (40g)
- Pour 2 and half cups or 625ml of water into saucepan. Bring it to the boil. (I added too much water as I was wanting to feed more people. If I added less the soup would not have been as watery. It did not take away from the taste and I even ended up getting seconds as it was so yummy. )
- Add stock powder and broccoli. Cover and return to the boil. Cook for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the shallots and spinach. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blitz with a handheld blender. Once all the ingredients are mixed in and all is smooth then return to the heat.
- Add the chicken and pesto.
- Season to serve. You could add ground black pepper, crunchy croutons, or as some other readers have done lemon juice was added, just a squeeze to enhance the flavour.
- You could add some ravioli to the soup or maybe some noodles.
- Maybe some crunchy bacon bits to the top of the soup to add with the texture and giving you an added crunch with the soup.
Sign up to my newsletter
Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One? Don’t miss a thing by signing up to my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening.