Zen Green Tea sent me some Green Tea Matcha to try. They had no idea that I just love green tea… actually it is so yummy the smell of the matcha powder made me want green tea ice cream.
However, I am trying to watch what I eat and thought why not create Matcha Green Tea Yoghurt. A healthy alternative to ice cream.
- Matcha’s whole-leaf stone-ground powder gives you 100% of the health benefits of green tea: from boosting energy and concentration to fighting cancer. Helping your body fight anything is good in my book.
- Due to drinking the whole leaf – one cup of matcha delivers 137x the antioxidants of a cup brewed with a green tea bag. How amazing is this and great for you!
Did you know?
“The L-Theanine amino acid in matcha is known for its ability to increase alpha waves in the brain and promote calmness and alert concentration giving matcha users a great “Zen” state.”
- 3 cups of yoghurt – I used Jalna creamy honey vanilla yoghurt.
- 3 tablespoons of Zen Green Tea matcha green tea powder (You can change amounts if you don’t like it being strong)
- 1 Tablespoon of honey (whatever you have available) Note: you can add more honey if you like it sweeter.
- Put all ingredients in one bowl
- Mix ingredients together with a stick mixer or put in a blender.
- If you have mixed in a blender pour into an airtight container and freeze.
- Freeze for 2 nights and then eat!
To serve: Take out of the freezer and wait a bit for the frozen yoghurt to be soft. Once a bit softer you can use an ice cream scoop to put some in a bowl to eat.
Enjoy your yummy Matcha Green Tea Frozen Yoghurt.
This super easy and quick dessert is a great treat and also super healthy.
Store it in the freezer and just use it whenever you need it. Its an excellent after dinner dessert. You can add berries, nuts and anything else you would prefer to make it your own.
I hope this has inspired you to make your own frozen yoghurt with Green Tea Matcha Powder.
If you wish to purchase the Zen Green Tea Matcha Powder you can shop online at the Zen Green Tea Website
A HUGE thank you to Zen Green Tea for sending me some samples to try.
Coming soon are things to make with Turmeric Matcha Green Tea Powder, plus more recipes for the Green Tea Matcha Powder.
Sign up for my newsletter
Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One? Don’t miss a thing by signing up for my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening.