Gong Xi Fa Cai to everyone!
The YEAR OF THE ROOSTER is going to be wonderful for all! Well I hope so. Don’t you.
What do you do to celebrate Chinese New Year? I like to celebrate with dumplings either home made or purchased. Maybe if we are lucky we go out to a lovely restaurant for some yummy Chinese food. Whatever you decide to do I hope you have a lovely celebration.
Our family loves to celebrate Chinese New Year. I’m an ox, hubby is a monkey, the twins are rats and little Alexander is a sheep/goat. I’m meant to have an excellent year in the year of the rooster and I hope that this is true.
Do you like to look at the Chinese horoscopes? I do. If you are like me and want to figure out what is going to happen this year check out the links below:
- The Chinese Zodiac has a breakdown for each sign and how they will fare in 2017
- Chinese Fortune Calendar has a detailed breakdown of all signs and what will be happening in 2017
If you would like kids to get involved and learn more about Chinese New Year I have some great links below:
- Education.com has some great free worksheets and kids can make a Year of the Rooster Mask. They also have some colouring in sheets to download
- Crayola has colouring pages that you can print out or colour online. Colour in the rooster to celebrate the new year.
- Activity Village in the UK has colouring pages, crafts and so much more available for kids. Download and enjoy.
Try your hand at making your own dumplings. I made some the other year and they were so yummy. I’m going to do some more this year with a difference and will post when complete. Check out my detailed post about what I did to create a Chinese feast to celebrate Chinese New Year. Note this is from a previous year so forget the mentions of the old signs.
Enjoy and have fun. Happy cooking if you do make some of these yummy recipes.
Happy Year of the Rooster from all of us at Mummy to Twins Plus One.