Love is love, and as you know same sex couples can be finally married in Australia. Yippee I hear you all say!
Sydney Festival are hosting a giant wedding reception to celebrate the first official day that same sex couples can be married in Australia.
Love Is Love Wedding Reception
Where: Hyde Park North. Entry via Central Ave Walkway
When: 9 January 2018, 6pm – 8pm (Cake and Champagne at approx. 7.30pm)
Price: Free, Champagne and cake available whilst supplies last.
More information: www.sydneyfestival.org.au/2018/love-is-love
I am so glad that everyone now can be married. Love is love and being married to your special someone is amazing.
This is a lovely celebration organised by The Sydney Festival, and I am so glad that they have taken the initiative to do such a fab and stunning party for everyone.
Make sure you pop in on the 9th of Jan and wish all the lovely people who got married well.
If you are a same sex couple getting married on the 9th of January, then it would be a good idea to incorporate this into your celebrations as well.
The wedding reception will have:
- A Karaoke Carousel – play wedding singer for the night
- 10 minute dance party – Allows couples to condense the whole party into a fun 10 minutes
- DJ Charlie Villas will also be playing wedding classics all night long
- Piper-Heidsieck Champagne for all in wedding attireBespoke cakes from Black Star Pastry and My Little Panda Kitchen.
Black star is creating a 5 tier pavolva cake. Each tier is a different colour of the rainbow
Annabelle McMillan from My Little Panda Kitchen is working on a stunning vegan cake
- Messina Gelato have created a new gelato flavour in honour of this special occasion. It is called, “Equality Time” – salted caramel & fior di latte gelato coated in biscuit crumb (only a limited number avail so be in quick to try these out)
No need to RSVP or donate.
Just bring yourself, your loved ones, partners or lovers and come down to the Meriton Festival Village in Hyde Park and join The Sydney Festival in celebrating love!
Note: Cake and Champagne is only available while stocks last. Be early to sample the yummy food and drink!
I am a big support of being equal. Being able to marry who you want to, equal rights for everyone regardless of sex, status or ethnicity. A fair go and fair treatment.
It is about time that same sex couples can marry.
A BIG Thanks to The Sydney Festival for this awesome celebration. It looks like it is going to be an amazing night.
Sign up to my newsletter
Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One? Don’t miss a thing by signing up to my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening.
What do you think?