Do you have a safe? Do you think it might be a good idea to get one?
Why would you need a safe?
- Keep important documents together and in one spot. Documents like, insurance papers, wedding certificates, birth certificates, passports, degrees, and anything else that you value as important.
- You can also keep family albums and important pictures that you treasure and would be upset to lose.
- Jewellery that is valuable
- Items that you don’t want damaged might be best kept in a safe. If they are just in a draw they might get bumped or scratched. Maybe you have some fine art or ceramics that you would like to protect.
- Making sure that your important items are safe from fire and burglary.
As you might already know, I live in the Blue Mountains just outside of Sydney. We are now in summer and it is getting hotter and hotter. This is the prime time of year for bush fires, and of course if you live in an area that is prone to bush fires, it is a good idea to have your valuables secure.
I had to leave as a precaution a few years back due to bush fires. I packed all our important items into a travel bag and packed everything in the car. The kids and I were lucky that we did not have a fire attack our house or area.
It did get me thinking. We need to have a place where all our valuables are kept so we can find all at a moment’s notice and be out the door to safety. Or if we cannot get our valuables out of the house the safe is fire proof or resistant to allow us to save our precious items and paperwork.
City Safes have safes and even filing cabinets that are fire resistant, some for up to two hours.
I know what it is like to hunt around the house for a birth certificate that you thought was in the draw with all the other important papers. However, when you go through it you find that it has everything but the birth certificate you are searching for. I don’t know about you but I find this incredibly annoying.
Here are some things that will not happen if you have a safe at your house:
- It saves searching everywhere – all your important and cherished things will be in one place.
- Making a mess to find things when you don’t know where the important papers are. I, like others, end up making the house a mess when I look for things I think I know where they are. If I cannot find them, a mess happens. No mess when searching for items. It will all be secure in your safe.
- Saves you time. If you did not need to rummage around the house to find essential and precious items, you would have more time for yourself. You would be calmer, happier and can know instantly where things are and to access them when needed.
- Not as stressed. If you are like me and get worried about losing essential documents or would be sad and upset if you lost something special to you, a safe would be a good purchase. You will have less stress and put your mind at ease knowing that all your valuables
- No one yelling at you for not finding important papers.
If you think that a safe might be a wise move, then you will need to talk to the experts at City Safes.
They have the following that might be of interest:
- Fire Resistant Document Safes – These safes offer up to 2-hour fire resistance/fire proofing and come in a single or double door cabinets.
- Reconditioned Fire Resistant Document Safes – The reconditioned safes are a bit cheaper than the new ones and do all the same thing as the new ones would. It’s a perfect option if you cannot afford the new ones, or if budget is tight.
City Safes is a family owned and run business that has been operating for over 30 years. I do like the knowledge that comes with a family run business that has been around for ages. If you ask a question about a product or design you will get the reason, the answer and all the other info. If you would like to know more, please contact either Mark or John Irvine and they would be most happy to help you with your enquiry.
The more I think about having a safe, the more it makes sense. I want to simplify my life. I want to make things easier. Knowing where to find all important documents and knowing that they are safe would help me make my life simpler and a lot easier.
I’m sure you are in the same boat as a mum/dad who’s responsible for everything. If your kids need to find an important piece of paper, you are the one that they turn to. Having a safe will ensure that all essential documents are kept in one place and you would easily have access to these files when needed.
Do you have a safe? Let us know how it had helped you.
Are you looking for one? I’m sure the team at City Safes can help you out with anything you need.
Disclaimer: This post was in collaboration with City Safes.
What do you think?