There are only a few weeks left of the school term and then the summer holidays are here.
Have you thought about where to take the kids?
Or are you now doing the freak out that there are not many days left to plan or have some quiet time.
So if you needed a coffee, tea or something stronger before you have processed that there is only a little time left to do everything, you are not alone.
I really thought there was more time, but no it is true, only a few weeks till Christmas…I have checked the calendar.
I am in a mad rush to get things done before the kids are at home and asking me the following:
“What are we doing today mummy?” or “Where are we going?”
This post gives you a good chance to win a ticket to some holiday fun on me… or really thanks to The Australian Museum. If you are one of the lucky winners, then you will have an answer to the above questions when your kids ask you. Your answer will be “The Australian Museum.”
2 Readers can win a family pass to The Australian Museum.
Ticket is valued at $61
What can you do at The Australian Museum?
- See the Mammoths of the Ice Age – Discover fossils, life-size replicas and meet a 42,000-year-old real preserved baby mammoth, Lyuba. Investigate current theories about their DNA and extinction and unravel the biological and palaeontological mysteries of these awe-inspiring land mammals.
This thrilling exhibition is on at the Australian Museum until 13 May 2018.
- 200 Treasures of The Australian Museum – From an Egyptian mummy to Ned Kelly, uncover the hidden stories of 200 Treasures of the Australian Museum in the Westpac Long Gallery. This magnificently restored gallery showcases 100 objects and 100 people that have influenced the museum, nation and region and reveals the unexpected stories that make them treasures. I wrote a post about this exhibit, you can find it here.
- Dinosaurs – Hear roars from the Mesozoic era and roam the eerily lit space looking, touching and experiencing the ancient world of dinosaurs as it’s brought to life with skeletons, skulls, teeth, claws and hundreds of other fossils. Learn how dinosaurs lived and died and find out which ones are still thriving.
- Kids at the Museum – The AM is inspiring curious kids minds – with free general admission!Kids will go wild with hands-on experiences, dinosaurs, giant megafauna, rocks and minerals and even a child-friendly café with great food and drinks if you need a little break from the discovery and exploration.The AM is a place where kids can explore the natural world around them and stimulate their imaginations.-Visit Kidspace, a mini-museum for the under 5s on Level 2- Visit Search and Discover on Level 2 to touch real specimens, look through microscopes, use computers, read books or quiz our friendly staff
– Look for staffed Touch-Tables throughout our exhibitions and touch real specimens
– Immerse yourself in culture in Bayala Nura: Yarning Country and Pacific Spirit.
– Unearth the secrets of palaeontology in Dinosaurs.
– Visit the sparkling world of Minerals.*** Please note, general admission is free for children under 16. Charges apply for some special exhibitions and events.
The family and I recently went to see the Mammoths Giant of the Ice Age Exhibit and it was fabulous.
It was so amazing to be so close to a prehistoric creature and to see that some still had fur on.
How to Enter?
Simply fill out the rafflecopter form and answer the following question as a blog post comment.
“Why would you love to take the kids to The Australian Museum?”
To comment to answer the above go to the bottom of the post where it says, “WHAT DO YOU THINK?” Then enter your comment on this post.
I do understand that this time of year people might be on holidays and don’t often check their inbox. Please be aware of the end date of the giveaway and that you might be the lucky winner. I would hate for you to miss out on the tickets due to not being able to contact you.
By filling out your details you agree to be emailed news about the blog and sent our newsletter. Don’t worry you will never be spammed. I value your details and only send out emails out with news that will interest my readers.
Who Can Enter?
When Does The Giveaway End?
The giveaway ends at midnight 19th December 2017. Once I have confirmed details with the winners I will post out their passes via Express post. It might be delayed with Christmas but they will be on their way.
Good luck everyone!
Thanks so much to The Australian Museum for the invitation to see the fabulous Mammoths Giants of the Ice Age exhibit before the public. We felt very special and the kids had so much fun. Plus a HUGE thank you for giving 2 family passes to giveaway on the blog.
Sign up to my newsletter
Stay current with all the things that are happening on Mummy to Twins Plus One? Don’t miss a thing by signing up to my newsletter. This newsletter will list all giveaways and fabulous things that are happening.