This post is in partnership with
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
Movie nights with family are so much fun. It is so nice to spend some quality time with my girls.
Movie nights are even better when the weather is getting cold, and you can snuggle up, and watch a fabulous and much awaited film.
We were all super excited to watch SING on DVD.
From the creators of Despicable Me, Illumination presents SING, a musical comedy about finding the shining star that lives inside all of us. Sing your way into stores today to pick up a copy of SING Special Edition on Blu-ray and DVD featuring 3 mini movies and more music!
We saw SING at the movies, however since then the kids have been asking to see it again.
The twins were so excited and happy to finally have their own copy of SING. Now they can watch it whenever they wish and can entertain friends during the school holidays.
SING is a heart warming film that kids and parents will all love. The music is fabulous and you will catch yourself tapping your feet and singing along. While others might want to get up and have a dance while the characters in the movie strut their stuff.
Snacks and Treats for SING Family Night
To make the whole movie night more fun the twins and I made cupcakes.
Now these weren’t ordinary cupcakes. We decorated some as pigs for Rosita and koalas for Buster Moon.
If you wish to recreate my pig and koala SING inspired cupcakes here is what you need to do.
1. Make 12 cupcakes. I chose to have vanilla cake mix to make it easy. You can either have chocolate or make the mixture by scratch.
2. I added dark chocolate bits to the mixture. It is up to you, you might prefer to add something else like say banana instead. Be inventive and have fun!
3. Once the cupcakes cooled down I decorated them.
Koala icing: To get the grey icing colour I added some black icing pen to just icing sugar and water. You can add as much black as you wish to get the desired colour. I did read somewhere that you can get black food colouring but I have never seen or heard of this, so I did the next best thing. I think it worked out well.
Pig icing: I mixed icing sugar, water, and some red food colouring to get the pink colour for the pig cupcake. Mix until the desired colour of pink is achieved.
5. I created 6 koala cupcakes for Buster Moon and 6 pig cupcakes for Rosita.
6. Decorations for Buster Moon: Marshmallows for the ears, dark chocolate bits for the eyes and a chocolate coated almond for the nose.
7. Decorations for Rosita: Marshmallows for the ears (Pink), dark chocolate bits for the eyes, a marshmallow stuck horizontally with 2 dots of black icing for the nose.
8. Now all the SING cupcakes are done, the only thing left to do is to eat them!
You must have popcorn for movie night and that is why everyone had their own box of special homemade popcorn.
The girls loved watching the popcorn pop in the microwave and were amazed at how much each bag made.
To make it more of an event I got little popcorn boxes. This made sure that each person had their own popcorn while watching the film.
The SING DVD has great extras
• Gunter Babysits
• Love At First Sight
• Eddie’s Life Coach
• The Making of the Mini-Movies
Love at First Sight Mini Movie Sneak Peak
Movie Night is Great Family Time
Sharing a film with your kids is so nice. Laughing at the same things is also an enjoyable moment.
Do you love having family movie nights? For your family movie nights do you ensure that you have ample treats on hand to enjoy your film?
My kids love to have movie days also and more so in holidays.
The living room becomes one big bed. Pillows, blankets and more are added to the floor and then we all get very comfortable to watch some favourite films.
Soon it will be holidays and I’m sure your little ones will be wanting to relax and have fun watching SING. Have fun dancing, singing and more!
Enjoy your home movie night. I hope that you all have a fun time.