IGA sent me a bag of goodies to say Happy Easter. It was a lovely bag that I can reuse and it was filled with baked goods to make a special treat. Choc Cornflake Slice to be precise! I have never made this before but thought since it is Easter and due to relatives coming for lunch tomorrow a treat is in order.
Do you need some ideas for meals this Easter? IGA has you sorted, just visit www.iga.com.au/easter
Now how did I make this amazing slice for the Easter Long Weekend? Well it is was super simple and it did not take long at all. The only thing I think you need to wait for the slice to cool down.
- 275g milk chocolate, chopped
- 75g copha
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 80g unsalted butter
- 3 cups of cornflakes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 35g milk chocolate, extra
- 15g copha, extra
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line the base and sides of an 18cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate and copha in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring regularly. Remove from heat and pour over the base of the tin. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt together the honey, sugar and butter, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Place the cornflakes in a bowl with the coconut and cranberries and pour over the honey mixture.
- Spoon the cornflake mixture over the chocolate base. Bake for 10 minutes, remove and cool slightly before refrigerating until firm.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and copha together. Drizzle over the slice then cool fully before slicing into squares.
- Cool in the fridge for 45 mins. Once set you can slice it up to eat! (I have left it out a bit to cool down before putting the tray in the fridge)
TIP:If you don’t like cranberries, try a different fruit. You can also try white chocolate or dark. Why not add some nuts or other tasty things as well. Make it unique to your families likes.
Did you know that IGA has a great site full of tasty and easy to make recipes? It is a brilliant resource for a busy parent. Check it out and be inspired.
Thank you IGA for my lovely bag of goodies and for the brilliant recipe for my lunch for Easter.