Do your kids love a good story before bed? Mine do. Once they have their PJ’s on and are all snuggled in bed, it is a perfect time for a story.
My girls have a wild and vivid imagination. Stories about princesses, fairies, fanciful characters and faraway places the kids just adore. It makes their play even more interesting, they take the ideas and the characters from a story and start acting it out in their make believe games. Do your kids do this too? It is nice to see that they love the story so much that they are wanting to become the characters themselves.
Would you like a great way to have a fresh story each night and have the kids involved, entertained and of course wanting more? I think any parent would say a big YES to this.
About Disney Junior The Channel “The Book of Once Upon A Time”
The Book of Once Upon A Time is an interactive story-telling series that is hosted by Australian actress and playwright Kate Mulvany.
Kate Mulvany has a strong connection to storytelling. When she was young she was very ill and had to be in hospital for long periods. She was given a book by her Godmother that allowed Kate to travel to far away worlds that were an escape from the hospital. This gave Kate a life-long passion for storytelling.
Disney Junior’s The Book of Once Upon A Time is the perfect way to get kids involved in stories while getting them ready for bed.
The new season of Disney Junior’s The Book of Once Upon A Time will premiere during Book Week on Monday 24th of August at 7.10pm, with “Snow White and the Great Jewel Hunt”. Later episodes will include new Disney stories from “Winnie the Pooh”, “Aladdin”, “Sleeping Beauty” and “Frozen”.
There are so many benefits to exposing your kids to stories and reading:
- Love of books
- Expand your child’s imagination
- Exposure to new experiences
- Showing children that reading is fun
- Helps with learning language
- Snuggling up with a book or watching a story together helps make your relationship with your child/children stronger.
- Ability to grasp abstract concepts. It also helps your child understand good judgement and apply logic in various situations.
Where can you watch Disney Junior’s The Book of Once Upon A Time?
- You can watch it on the Disney Junior channel every night at 7.10pm. Available in all Foxtel subscribing homes; channel 709. Sky Channel 105.
- If you don’t have the Disney Junior Channel you can see the stories online over on the Disney Junior Website.
- You can also get Disney Junior’s The Book of Once Upon A Time as eBooks from the Disney Story Central App. They are available to download from iTunes.
This makes it easy for everyone to access the stories and to enjoy story time each night.
My kids cannot wait for the Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Frozen stories. Actually anything Disney is always a winner in our household. The magic that is in each story makes story time fun and that is so for kids and adults alike.
Do your kids get lost in the magic of story time? Do you make a set time each night to read your kids a story or watch a story together?
Let us know how your kids like Disney Junior’s The Book of Once Upon A Time. Mine are now obsessed and cannot get enough.