Would you like to live a healthier and a happier life? I know I would, and I do my best to make sure that I am looking after myself. After taking the Nestlé Choose Wellness Quiz I know there are areas that I could do better at; For me it is sleep and exercise. What about you?
Do you eat a good variety of vegetables and fruit?
Do you eat breakfast every day?
How many hours of sleep do you get?
Do you manage to exercise? How often does this happen?
I try and make sure that I incorporate fruits, grains, vegetables and all sorts of yummy healthy food into my diet and also the families. I do try with the kids but they are super fussy, and yes I’ve hidden food in other food to just make sure they eat it.
I was told ages ago that “you should eat the colours of the rainbow”. This means that you are having a wide variety of vitamins and nutrients. Whenever I make a stir-fry or anything really I try and add as many different coloured vegetables as possible. The more the merrier!
You too can take the Nestlé Choose Wellness Quiz and see how you are doing.
Before kids I was super active. I used to go walking one day for hours, then the next I might do some aqua aerobics and then the next be at the gym. As you can see I liked to stay active. However, being very busy with little kids and having extra places to be plus things to do, means that I find that there is little time to exercise.
I’m sure that I’m not the only mum out there that has found this. It just means that I need to be a little more creative with how I get my exercise these days.
What do I do to incorporate more exercise into my day:
- If I’m pushing the baby in the pram I take the long way round to the car or where I am going.
- Park further away and walk to the shops
- Always use the stairs (this is now only on the condition that I don’t have the baby in the pram. If I am carrying him we use the stairs, if in pram I try and use the ramp as it makes life so much easier)
- Housework is a good workout. All the back and forth walking, bending and stretching is a good workout.
- Now the baby is wanting to do acrobatic moves on me. He loves being upside down on my legs. He lays down while I move my legs up and down. The weight of the baby and lifting off the ground gives the legs a good work out.
- Shopping and carrying the bags into the house and also to the car from the supermarket.
- Picking up and carrying around a baby is a good work out for the arms.
Chance to WIN a Nestlé Wellness Pack
Nestle sent me a fabulous wellness pack and 2 of my readers have the chance to win one too! You can win the same pack that I have below!
How can you win your Nestlé Wellness Pack?
Simply fill out the Rafflecopter form and make sure to leave a blog comment answerwing this question:
“What would you like to make a priority? Is it happiness, exercise or is it having healthier food?” Maybe it is all of them. Let us know.
No comment no entry, so make sure to leave one to be in the running for this amazing prize.
NOTE: If you are the lucky winner, you have 72 hours to respond to the email notifying you of your win. If I don’t hear from you I will redraw the winner.
When does the giveaway end?
The Giveaway ends midnight Sunday 2nd of October 2016. It is open to Australian residents only.
Good Luck to you all.
Nestlé also has a great competition open until 30th September 2016.
Get involved by:
– Choosing a colour: Be a food artist! Put as many colours on your plate as possible
– Choose Happiness: Happiness is______________________ Show us what it means to you.
– Choose to Walk: Walk this way, or that way. How about walking for 30mins?
– Choose Family: Give the family a hug, what are you doing to encourage wellness with the family? Show us and give it your best.
You can win $1,000 every day by taking part and sharing. Make sure to tag #choosemywellness on social media.
Choose the daily challenges you’d like to take part in. You could just choose one, or all 30!
Upload a pic of your challenge to Instagram, Twitter or the Nestlé Facebook page on the day of that particular challenge with the hashtag #ChooseMyWellness.
Make sure your profile is public so we can see your entry!
Promotion closes 30 September 2016.