Today was Mother’s Day and I’m sure you called your mum, did family things with the kids and spoilt the wife, and just had a great day. We did a bit of this. I had a very early wake up call due to one kid wanting help to find some My Little Pony toys. She even tried to wake me up by waving a crystal above my head, thank goodness it did not hit me.
I eventually got up and got the kids breakfast. Hubby then woke up and I got to open my gifts that I have been curious about for a few days now. One gift in particular I told hubby I wanted so Julia and daddy went off to the post office to secure the book I wanted. The rest of the gifts were things that the kids purchased from the Mother’s Day stall at school, and hubby got some things at the shops the other day.
So for the curious I got the following for my pressies:
- 2 lots of sunflower seeds from the girls
- 1 magnet meal planner for the fridge from the girls
- 1 book about all things to know about sewing. This book tells you how to do all things you have said, “I wonder how you do that?” Now I will know and have the book to tell me. Yes I am armed with the info I need. Now I just need to magically find the time and space to do what I want and all will be right with the world.
- PJ’s from hubby (very happy with this as I needed some new ones)
After the grand opening of my amazing gifts and putting a movie on for the kids, hubby got busy making me and him breakfast. Well mine was breakfast in bed to be precise. So what did he cook me?
Hubby made me Sticky Apple Pancakes and that’s not all, he made them all heart shaped for me. Yes that is amazing don’t you think! Thanks to IGA for sending me such a lovely gift box for Mother’s Day.
- 40g unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 pink lady apples, cut into thin slices
- 40g sultanas
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 375g Greens Original Pancake Shake
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium low heat.
- Add apples and cook for 5 minutes then add sultanas, maple syrup and 1/3 cup water. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until apples are translucent and sauce has reduced and thickened. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- While apple compote is cooking, prepare the Green’s Pancake Shake according to packet instructions. Cook pancakes as directed.
- Spoon the apple and sultana compote over the pancakes and serve immediately.
After we had our yummy breakfast, we got all rugged up and headed out to see the sculptures at Scenic World. It was a very cold day and we have had over 70km wind gusts so about 5 layers helped me feel warm.
We all walked over 4km, went on the railway, cableway, the skyway and the walkways. No wonder I am so tired.
What did you end up doing for Mother’s Day? Did you stay in due to it being freezing? Or venture out with the family? I was lucky we got to see the sculptures as today was the last day they were on. Some were very interesting and others were rather odd and morbid. We all had a great day and it was nice to be out and about. Getting some exercise was a good thing for everyone to be doing, we all walked a lot today.
I hope you had a great Mother’s Day.
If you wish to cook this yummy recipe that hubby made for breakfast or something different, you can visit the IGA Recipes for more inspiration.
Thanks again to IGA for my fab Mother’s Day gift box it was yummy and made my day!